Athlone Care Ltd is looking to recruit a skilled and motivated Care Coordinator to work on its adults home care contract with Kent County Council from its Dartford office. Athlone Care Ltd is a well-established and expanding domiciliary care agency that has been providing care to customers supporting them to continue living safely and independently in their own homes for the past 12 years.
We focus on personal development and this post will enable the successful candidate to take advantage of the training and career-track development that we offer, among other benefits, and therefore to maximise his or her potential.
Applicants must have held a Care Coordinator position in a domiciliary care agency for at least two years as this job requires the successful candidate to be able to start the work from day one and hit the ground running.
The Care Coordinator’s duties will include:
- Accepting care packages and assigning care workers to service users in an appropriate manner;
- Producing care workers’ rotas and managing the roster software;
- Ensuring that service user and care worker files are complete;
- Using electronic monitoring software to monitor care workers’ attendance and timeliness for visits;
- Arranging care reviews and risk assessments for service users with the care supervisor;
- Conducting telephone monitoring and service user visits and ensuring service quality;
- Liaising with service users, local authorities and other stakeholders;
- Recruiting care workers;
- Managing care workers and conducting care worker supervisions;
- Representing the company during meetings with officials and service commissioners;
- Attending training events and ensuring that skills and knowledge of industry best practice is kept up-to-date;
- Ensuring that our service complies with CQC requirements;
- Ensuring that the highest standards of care are maintained at all times.
The role of Care Coordinator is a key role in the company that will require the post holder to ensure the smooth running of visits to our service users. In order for the Care Coordinator to perform effectively, the successful applicant will have had previous experience and will also possess the following key attributes, which must be demonstrated at interview:
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Extremely responsible.
- An excellent communicator.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think outside the box.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- A keen team player.
- Ability to take initiative.
- The drive to learn and succeed.
- Reliable and Trustworthy.
- High integrity.
- Sound judgement.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- At least one year’s experience as the Care Coordinator of a domiciliary care agency;
- Obtained Level 2/3 Diploma for Health and Social Care (QCF).
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with PASSsystem and Newcare/Ulysses or other relevant software;
- Previous experience as a care worker.
Excellent salary and benefits package.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
If you think you might be right for this role, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please send us your CV and a covering letter.
- Salary £22k-£26k per annum
- On call allowance
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Wellness programs
Athlone Care is an Equal Opportunities employer and a Disability Confident employer, promoting access to employment for people with disabilities.